How to Plan the Perfect Christmas Party with Coach Hire Direct
Updated: Nov 17, 2022
Whether you are planning a Christmas party months in advance or you have left things to the last minute, it doesn’t need to be the stressful and time consuming task you assume it to be. With a little bit of research, and by following our top tips below, you can plan the perfect Christmas party without too much trouble. We cover everything from utilising your office and choosing the right activity, to booking coach hire and giving people enough notice.
Christmas Party Planning Tips and Tricks
There are a lot of Christmas party planning tips and tricks, but these four are the ideal place to start.
● Utilise Your Office Space - If you are working with a limited budget, you can always make use of your office space. All you need is good music, good food and lighting to set the mood. Though going out and about for a Christmas party is popular, having your celebration at work is convenient and affordable. There is no need to worry about people travelling to a different location or going out of their way to attend the party, as it’s being held somewhere they head to every day.
● Organise Reliable Transport - If you are organising a Christmas party at a location other than your workplace, it’s a good idea to organise reliable transport. Not only does this make it a lot easier for people to get to and from the party, but it could actually work out cheaper for everyone. Instead of buying individual train tickets or booking individual transport, everyone can collectively pay for a Christmas party coach hire. Plus, it’s much more enjoyable to travel to a party with others who are in the festive spirit.
● Choose the Right Activity - A lot of people make the mistake of assuming that a Christmas party has to be just that, a party. However, there are a lot of activities you can enjoy as part of your Christmas celebration. For example, you could enjoy a bottomless brunch or see a show. You could book a fancy dinner or check out a local bar. Team bonding activities are also popular, as they are a fun way to connect and strengthen your bond as a team.
● Give Lots of Notice - If you want the maximum number of people to attend a Christmas party, you need to give them a lot of notice. This gives them as much time as possible to arrange childcare and to ensure they don’t make other plans. The second you have decided on a date for the party - preferably one that works for the majority of people - you can think about letting people know. Instead of relying on word of mouth and hoping for the best, send official invites.
Things You Should and Shouldn’t Do at a Work Christmas Party
Though you are surely looking forward to your Christmas party, you might also be worrying about what you should say and do. Christmas parties can be a lot of fun, but they do also mean you will be socialising with people you only usually see in a professional setting. To help you out, and to ensure you enjoy the party as much as possible, we have listed some of the key do’s and don’ts.
● Dress to Impress - Regardless of where your Christmas party is, it’s always a good idea to dress to impress. Not only does it show that you have made an effort, but it’s a great time to show colleagues how great you look outside of work attire. Of course, this doesn’t mean wearing anything too risqué in front of bosses.
● Limit Your Drinking - Though you are certainly free to let loose and have a few drinks at your Christmas party, avoid drinking too much and becoming too drunk. This could lead to embarrassing moments, cringe conversations and saying things you would rather forget about.
● Mingle, Mingle, Mingle - Most people have a handful of people they would class as ‘work friends’ and these tend to be the people you socialise with at work functions. However, if you work as part of a larger team, find the time to network and mingle. A Christmas party is the perfect time to do this, as everyone is feeling relaxed and in the mood to have a good time.
● Keep Things Professional - A work Christmas party is a time to unwind and have fun with your colleagues, but you do need to keep things professional. It’s never a good idea to behave inappropriately in front of your boss or get a little too close to another member of staff, not unless you want to be the topic of office gossip.
● Have Lots of Fun - One of the most important things to do at a Christmas party is have fun. After all, isn’t that what a party is all about? Throw yourself into games, dancing, singing and don’t be afraid to showcase a bit of your personality. Though you are spending time with colleagues and bosses, it’s a social and celebratory occasion.
Coach Hire for Christmas Parties
Regardless of whether you are organising a work Christmas party or some festive fun with friends, coach hire is the ideal way to keep transport simple. There is no need to worry about everyone getting to and from the party, not when you have a reliable and professional coach service taking care of things. All you need to do is let us know where you are going and when, and we will take care of the rest.
Booking a coach means everyone can focus on having fun and enjoying the festivities. No one has to leave early to catch the last train and no one has to skip the drinks so they’re sober enough to drive home. Plus, there’s no worry about anyone being late, as everyone will arrive together. To find out more, get in touch with the Coach Hire Direct team.
Book you Christmas Coach Hire
08000 126 753