7 of the Most Majestic Royal Palaces in the United Kingdom
If you're looking for an unforgettable royal experience, look no further than the United Kingdom. This country is home to some of the most majestic royal palaces in the world. From Windsor Castle to Buckingham Palace, there's something for everyone. If you're interested in touring some of these beautiful palaces, consider hiring a coach! We've put together a list of 10 of the best royal palaces to visit in the UK.
1. Windsor Castle: Located in Berkshire, Windsor Castle is the oldest royal palace in the world. This royal residence has been home to 39 monarchs throughout history and is currently the official residence of Queen Elizabeth II. Visitors can explore the State Apartments, St. George's Chapel, and the royal grounds.
Windsor Castle is also the final resting place of Queen Elizabeth, the Queen Mother. Her tomb is located in St. George's Chapel, in the castle's grounds.
2. Buckingham Palace: One of the most iconic royal palaces, Buckingham Palace is the London residence of Queen Elizabeth II. The palace is open to visitors during the summer months, when you can tour the lavish State Rooms and see art from some of history's most famous artists.
3. Kensington Palace: Kensington Palace was once the primary residence of British royalty but is now better known as a tourist attraction and royal event venue. Visitors can explore the royal apartments, gardens, and a museum dedicated to the royal family's fashion history.
4. Hampton Court Palace: Hampton Court Palace in Surrey was one of King Henry VIII most favoured residences. Located in the London Borough of Richmond Upon Thames, 12 miles southwest and upstream of central London on the River Thames. The palace is currently in the possession of King Charles III and the Crown.
5. Balmoral Castle: The Scottish residence of the British royal family, Balmoral Castle is a must-visit for fans of all things royal. Visitors can take tours of the castle, gardens, and estate grounds, or enjoy a meal at one of the on-site restaurants.
6. Holyrood Palace: The official residence of the British monarch in Scotland, Holyrood Palace is located in Edinburgh. Visitors can take tours of the royal apartments, grounds, and royal chapel.
7. Clarence House: The official residence of Prince Charles and Camilla Parker Bowles, Clarence House is a royal palace located in London. Visitors can tour the royal apartments, grounds, and royal chapel at Clarence House.
All of the royal palaces listed above are easy to travel to by coach. Coach Hire can take you direct to any of these royal palaces, making it a convenient and cost-effective way to visit these majestic tourist destinations.
MiniBus Hire and Coach Hire for Royal Palaces
Coach Hire Direct can help with your coach booking to any destination in the UK. We provide transport to sporting events, airport transfers, shopping trips and much more. Our fleet of secure vehicles include Executive coaches, MIDI coaches, VIP coaches and minibuses. All drivers are professional and courteous and will ensure that our customers have a pleasant and safe journey. We can cater for corporate events, schools or UK day excursions.