10 Glasgow Attractions You Can’t Miss
Glasgow is the largest city in Scotland and is full of history and culture. If you are visiting Glasgow by coach, then you will want to make sure to check out the top 10 attractions in and around the city. From museums to parks, there is something for everyone in Glasgow. In this blog post, we will discuss some of the most popular attractions in Glasgow and how to get there by coach. Let's get started!
1. The Glasgow Science Centre is a must-see for anyone visiting Glasgow. This interactive museum is perfect for all ages and there is something for everyone to enjoy. The Science Centre is located in the heart of Glasgow and is easy to get to by coach.
2. The Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum is another popular attraction. This gallery houses some of the most famous paintings in the world and is a must-see for any art lover. The Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum is easily accessible by coach.
Coach Hire in Central Scotland
3. If you are looking for a more outdoorsy activity, then head to Pollok Country Park. This park is perfect for a picnic or a gentle stroll and is also home to the world-famous Glasgow Zoo. Pollok Country Park is located in the south of Scotland and is easily accessible by coach.
4. For something a little different, why not visit The Riverside Museum? This museum is dedicated to transport and travel and is one of the most popular tourist attractions in Glasgow. The Riverside Museum is located in the north of Glasgow and is easily accessible by coach.
5. Glasgow Cathedral is another must-see for any visitor to Glasgow. This historic cathedral is one of the most important religious buildings in Scotland and is well worth a visit. It's easily accessible by minibus or coaches.
Have you though about visiting Edinburgh? after all it is the capital of Scotland.
6. Charles Rennie Macintosh house. Designed and remodelled by Charles Rennie Mackintosh in 1916, 78 Derngate has been meticulously restored and opened to the public.
On-site: a boutique restaurant, light-filled art galleries, a stylish design shop and elegant spaces that can be hired for meetings, events and functions.
7. For a taste of Glasgow’s nightlife, head to Sauchiehall Street. This busy street is home to many of Scotlands best bars and clubs, and is the perfect place to spend an evening out on the town. Sauchiehall Street is located in the city centre of Glasgow and is easily accessible by coach.
Why not make the most of your coach hire and pay a visit Kilt's and Kocktails a great family run company.
8. No visit to Glasgow or Scotland would be complete without eating a great Scottish tradition, Haggis. The star of Glasgow’s gourmet haggis show, Stravaigin is less of a restaurant and more of a culinary adventure touring the globe one artisanal bite at a time. Blending in beautifully amidst the other worldly dishes, Stravaigin’s Own Haggis comes with classic neeps and Maris Piper mash paired with a whisky sauce and sage crisps. Awarded with the Michelin BIB Gourmand consecutively since 2012, this legendary eatery transforms the finest Scottish produce into a pioneering celebration of flavour.
9. For a truly unique experience, head to the Glasgow Subway. This underground train system is the only one of its kind in the UK, and is a great way to see some of Glasgow’s hidden gems. The Subway is located in the city centre and is a quality method of transport to explore the city on a budget.
10. Last but not least, be sure to visit the People’s Palace, Scotland. This museum tells the story of the people of Glasgow, from its humble beginnings to its present day. The People’s Palace is located in the east end of Glasgow.
So there you have it, 10 Glasgow attractions that you can’t miss!
Glasgow Coach Hire
Coach Hire Direct can help with your Glasgow Coach Hire to any destination in Scotland. We provide coaches and minibus hire to sporting events, Glasgow airport transfers, shopping trips, weddings, school trips, business trip and much more. Our fleet of secure vehicles include Executive coaches (luxury coach), MIDI coaches, corporate coach hire and minibuses.
All of our private hire coaches come with air con and wi fi facilities for your entertainment. We take pride in our vehicles to ensure that they are reliable, efficient and safety is paramount.
All coach hire drivers are professional and courteous and will ensure that our customers have a pleasant and safe journey and most importantly arrive on time at your destination! We can cater for corporate events, weddings, tourists, schools, transportation to central Scotland excursions such as East Kilbride, Edinburgh and even further afield to the wilderness of the Outer Hebrides. We provide cheap coach hire the whole of the UK.